Adjunct Clinical Professor Peter Burt
Dr Benjamin Burt
Dr Michael Shiu
Phone (03) 5441 1622
144 Arnold St
Adjunct Clinical Professor Peter Burt MBBS, FRACO, FRACS is an Ophthalmic Surgeon in Bendigo.
Peter Burt has a vast experience in General Ophthalmology having consulted for many years at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital Melbourne and The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne prior to establishing the Bendigo Eye Clinic in 1993.
Peter completed a Bachelor of Medicine and a Bachelor of Surgery at Melbourne University in 1973. He was also a General Practitioner concentrating in sports medicine and spent some time as the Footscray Football Club Doctor prior to specialising in Ophthalmology.
He became a fellow of the Royal Australasian College Of Surgeons and the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists in 1993. In 2010 Peter completed a Bachelor of Arts at La Trobe University.
- Cataract surgery - over 25000 successful cataract procedures
- Squint surgery - 1000's of squint procedures, along with various other surgical procedures
- Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration - Lucentis injections and the latest laser treatment. He spent several years at the Eye and Ear Hospital specifically working in the areas of Glaucoma and Macular Degeneration treatment
Dr Peter Burt consults at the Bendigo Eye Clinic on Monday and Thursday, and in Echuca and Kyabram every 8 weeks.
- Bendigo Health
- St John of God Hospital Bendigo
- Bendigo Day Surgery
- Echuca Regional Health - monthly
- Castlemaine Hospital - monthly
- Kyabram Health - 6 procedure lists per year
For all appointments please call the Bendigo Eye Clinic on 5441 1622.